A top priority of the BHPS is the preservation of historic artifacts and information associated with Bayside. The community room in Bayside’s Community Hall, the Shady Grove Museum, and this website serve as the primary locations for storing and displaying BHPS collections once they are cataloged. We invite you to visit Shady Grove, our cottage museum, during the summer months and to explore the many resources currently available on the website year-round.
Items Currently Available Online
- Photographs and images, including negatives, prints, scans, glass plates and photographic post cards
- Digitized newspaper articles from the Republican Journal
- Oral histories: audio and transcripts of oral histories with local residents
- Copies of The Sea Breeze, a 19th century Bayside journal
- BHPS annual newsletters, 1995-present
- Digitized Northport Village Corporation Annual Reports.