BHPS offers a variety of volunteering opportunities. Whether you are able to sign on for a specific project or would like to help on a limited basis, we welcome your participation.
Current volunteering opportunities include:
- Working on Sundays during the summer season at Shady Grove, the BHPS Museum
- Transcribing articles from The Republican Journal
- Helping with newsletters
- Maintaining and updating archives, databases and collections
- Interviewing or transcribing for the Oral History Project
- Updating and managing the BHPS Website,http://PokerLibraryOnline.com
BHPS has an extensive collection of Bayside Memorabilia which most Baysiders have not seen or even known about. BHPS is in the process cataloging information about and images of its collection using a collection management program called Virtual Archive. Similar to the one used by the Penobscot Marine Museum, though not as expensive, it is designed to facilitate access to the collection of objects and paper archives electronically.
Much work has been done but assistance is needed to scan postcards and other paper objects as part of the data entry process for each item. In addition, The Republican Journal articles that have been transcribed need to be put online in a manner that makes them easily searchable.
Training will be given but computer skills and knowledge are a big need. Please let Beverly Crofoot know of your interest, firstname.lastname@example.org.